Tuesday, December 2, 2008 | By: What

I AM

God said to Moses, "I am who I am . This is what you are to say to the Israelites: 'I AM has sent me to you.' " - Exo 3:14

I AM is the foundation of all revelation of God. The Hebrew word is YHWH. YHWH cannot be pronounced but was later added the vowels from the word Adonai to form what we know today as Jehovah.

YHWH means I AM who is the everlasting God, who is the same yesterday, today and forever. It also means TODAY or NOW. I AM is not I was and not I will be. God is an ever present help in times of need, and His promises are for you today. The promises He gave to Abraham thousands of years ago is valid for you today through Jesus Christ.

When understood, it becomes the foundation of all other names of God. When you declare God as Jehovah Rapha (our Healer), He says I AM the Healer, not I was or going to be. God is the Healer today!

When God says He is Jehovah Jireh (our Provider), he is telling you I AM your Provision today, not sometime in the future or a fact of the past.

When God says He is Jehovah Shalom, He is your Peace today, tomorrow and forever!

You see YHWH is foundation of all knowledge of God.

Before you call upon the name of God, know this that YHWH desires to manifest Himself to you now, at this very moment.

0 comments: